If you have children or pets, you may be well aware of the numerous dangers of store-bought cleaning products, right? However, the eco-friendly ones are way too expensive to purchase for a busy household with sticky fingers and muddy paws. Thus, we thought it would be ideal, for those who’d like to give back to the environment and protect their health, to introduce 4 useful DIY cleaning product ideas which incorporate lemons.
- DIY Lemon Dishwasher Detergent
- 3 ½ cups water
- 2 cups diced lemons
- 1 cup salt
- 120 ml white vinegar
- Dice the lemons by ensuring the removal of the seeds
- Place the lemons in a saucepan with 1 ½ cup water
- Heat the lemons and boil for 20 minutes until the lemons are tender
- Add the lemons and syrup mix to a blender along with 2 cups of water until smooth
- Strain the mixture back into the pan
- Add the vinegar and salt
- Bring the mixture to a boil until thickened slightly
- Allow the mixture to cool down
- DIY Lemon Disinfectant Spray Cleaner
- 4-6 lemons
- Unflavoured vodka
- Wash and peel the lemons, then place the rinds in a glass jar.
- Add vodka and store in a cool dark place for 3-6 weeks
- Remove the liquid once it’s transformed into a dark yellow colour
- Place into a spray bottle and enjoy!
- DIY lemon Furniture Polish
- ½ Tbsp white vinegar
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 drops orange or lemon essential oil
- Combine all the ingredients until the oil no longer separates from the rest of the ingredients
- Apply to the furniture with a clean towel/rag
- DIY Lemon Bleach
- 12 cups water
- 1 cup hydrogen peroxide
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Combine the water, lemon juice, and hydrogen peroxide into a bowl and mix
- Add the mixture into a spray bottle and bleach away!
Don’t have time to clean yourself? African Corporate Cleaning supplies customisable cleaning solutions on a contract or project basis; within Gauteng and Mpumalanga. Contact us!